Sunday 17 September 2017

A Castle A Day Keeps the Dragon at Bay

I've had a lot of fun creating this castle! I've looked up various other castle designs and have tried my hand at creating my own unique castle... with a dragon of course you cannot have one without the other.  It has been a bit since I have last used Rhino so this was a really helpful way to jump back in and remember all of the tools.

I frequently used Boolean Difference, Split, and at the very end I added it all together with Boolean Union.  I primarily used square shapes but I also made a rounded top for some windows and doors. For the dragon I created each part on the ground with the line tool and drew each part, than rotated it to the appropriate angles before joining them all.  

It all went pretty smoothly all in all!  I found great success in reusing pre-existing shapes to add more detail and save time doing it as well as adding more depth to windows and doorways to make it look more detailed.  














No comments:

Post a Comment

Unconventional Eye wear Rhino: not yet satisfied

  So building up this eye-wear was very challenging but I also learned a great deal about Rhino through it!  With so many points it was eas...